March 4, 2013
GNOME.Asia 2013 is now Calling for Papers
GNOME.Asia 2013 is calling for papers. GNOME.Asia Summit is Asia’s GNOME user and developer conference, spreading the knowledge of GNOME across Asia. The conference will be held in NIPA Business Center, Sangam-dong Seoul, Korea on May 24 -25, 2013. The conference follows the release of GNOME 3.8, helping to bring new desktop paradigms that facilitate user interaction in the computing world. It will be a great place to celebrate and explore the many new features and enhancements to the ground breaking GNOME 3 release and to help make GNOME as successful as possible.
Call for Papers
- Submission: March 8th, 2013
- Notification of Acceptance: March 15th, 2013
- Conference Date: May 24th – 25th , 2013
- Venue: Nuritkum Square – Business tower(3F, 4F), Sangam-dong 1605, Mapo-gu, Seoul, Korea
Possible topics include, but are not limited to
- How to Promote/Contribute to GNOME in Asia
- GNOME Marketing
- Promotion of Free and Open Source Software
- How to run a Local GNOME User Group
- Asia Success Stories/Local GNOME Projects
- GNOME and Education
- GNOME Outreach Program for Women
- Google Summer of Code
- Hacking GNOME
- Lastest Development in GNOME
- GNOME 3 & GNOME 3 Usability
- GNOME Human Interface Engineering (Icons and Graphic Design)
- Bugsquadding in GNOME
- GNOME Accessibility
- GNOME 3 Coding How-to
- Adapting GNOME to New Types of Devices
- Develop GNOME on mobile device, like smart phone, tablet PC
- Develop GNOME on embedded system or open source hardware
- On-going Projects, Success Stories
- Find FOSS Friendly Hardware Manufacturers
- Localization & Internationalization
- Input Methods
- Other topics
Any topics related to free and open source which are not listed above is still welcome.
A five-minutes presentation to demonstrate your work or promote an interesting topic. Reservation and on-site application are both accepted.
A standard session at GNOME.Asia 2013 will be scheduled as 45 mins (35 mins talk + 10 mins Q&A). Please take into consideration any time you will need for preparation. The session could be a technical talk, panel discussion, or BOF.
If you’d like to share your knowledge and experience at GNOME.Asia 2013, please fill in the form at http://2013.gnome.asia/cfp before March 8th, 2013. Please provide a short abstract about your proposal (under 150 words). Include your name, biographical information, a photo suitable for the web, a title, and a description of your presentation . The reviewing team will evaluate the entries based on the submitted abstracts and available time in the schedule. You will be contacted before March 15th, 2013 on whether your submission has been accepted or not.
All interested contributors are highly encouraged to send in their talks. Please help us to spread the invitation to other potential participants. Even you do not plan to be a speaker, please consider joining GNOME.Asia 2013. This is going to be a great event!